What is “Rent Ready” and how do I get my property Rent Ready?
When we say “Rent Ready” it has completed a strict list of items that makes the home safe, habitable, and ready to move-in. In order to comply with the Colorado Warranty of Habitability (Colorado Revised Statutes 38-12-503), Bergan and Company’s standards are listed below.
- The property is professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements including appliances operate as designed.
- Caulking in the kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew.
- The doors and locks are all functioning properly.
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens are in good condition.
Our Promise To You
In order to comply with both internal and state rental housing requirements, including the Colorado Warranty of Habitability Requirements, every property must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be “Rent-Ready”.
- Professionally cleaned and move-in ready.
- The carpet was professionally cleaned and looking fresh. Cleaned carpet that is stain ridden or has heavy pet smell does not qualify and must be replaced.
- All painted surfaces fresh with no mis-match touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner.
- All bedroom windows must have vertical or mini-blinds.
- No personal property or items in the unit. This includes furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispensers, pictures, etc.
- No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- Garage floor swept.
- No interior or exterior debris.
- Lawn cut and trimmed.
- Landscaping fresh and clean.
- Carbon monoxide detectors are installed within 15 feet of each bedroom. ONLY wall mounted, NO plug-in units.
- Smoke detector on each floor.
- Smoke detector in each bedroom.
- All light bulbs working.
- Doors open & close smoothly and doorstops installed on all doors.
- Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew
- All mechanical components working as designed. Includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, swamp coolers, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- If they are not operating as designed and are not critical, they need to be removed.
- Safety railings secure.
- Exterior window wells require covers.
- Locks changed or rekeyed.
- All windows (except basement windows) should have vertical or mini blinds.
- No draperies on windows.
- All windows should have screens.